Thursday, July 17, 2008

No Baby Yet

Well. . . I guess I’m relieved, even if it means I have to waddle about for another day or week or weeks. I’m still at three centimeters dilation. The doctor was appropriately cute and vague on when things might move along. I think she is amused at what a straightforward pregnancy I’m having. My only complaint at the moment are the occasional cramps I get in my left butt-cheek when standing up, which I derive great amusement from. (Why are you shaking that thang in the hallway, Michelle? Because my husband is not on hand to grab my butt for me! Yuk yuk yuk.)

I guess this means there is a chance I’ll be able to make it to our friends’ wedding this weekend. It’s a small family affair – formal – that we were invited to at the last-minute. It’s probably a good thing that I didn’t have months in advance to find a dress, because egads, I don’t know how I would have planned for an expanding belly. Instead I went straight to David’s Bridal and threw my belly at their mercy. And I came out an hour later with a dress that not only looks good on me without alteration, but came off the clearance rack!

If I make it to Saturday night, I’ll most definitely take pictures.

No comments: