Friday, July 25, 2008

Dressed for Success

For the childbirth education class we took, as my homework I had drawn a picture of myself in labor. The image consists of myself, in a hospital gown, standing in a squat while grimacing; and Chris is sliding in across the floor in a Hawaiian shirt to catch the baby. (I’ll have to post the image later, because I forgot it at work.)

Yesterday, Chris said I couldn’t go into labor because he wasn’t wearing a Hawaiian shirt. So today, I lined up his Hawaiian shirts and told him to pick one so we could get on with it.

Finally, my scattered contractions are becoming regular! I guess the shirt did the trick.

The contractions feel about as uncomfortable as a really full bladder, and the discomfort doesn’t last for the duration of the contraction. They come every three to seven minutes so far. We’re going to track them for another half-hour or so, before calling the doctor.

I suppose I should grab a towel to sit on, because at some point I suppose my water will break.

Chris is being absolutely adorable. :)

Wheee!

No comments: