Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Playing with the Camera

We still have a bunch to learn about how to use our new camera to its full advantage. In between coughing fits I took some time today to learn more about how to use customized settings on the camera to achieve different results. Overall I ended up with a lot of blurry photos, but managed to get a couple that I liked.


Here Gabe was tiring of Daddy fiddling with the camera as he sat next to his companion cube. Eventually he curled up around it and eyed me sleepily.


While he has a neutral expression, I liked the depth of field change keeping his left eye blurry and his right eye sharp.

If you click on this picture and look at Michelle's left eye (the one on the right) you can see me in the reflection of her eye. While some detail is lost in the translation to web, it is amazing how much detail the camera captures.

Finally a happy smiley Gabe munching on his fingers.

6 comments:

Michelle Clay said...

Ooooh, I love my new toy! And I love watching Chris have fun with it, too. I'll have some photos from the new camera of my own to share, soon enough.

marna said...

Such beautiful photos. I feel privileged to be able to peek in on them! Love and hugs to you all this New Year Day!!

marna said...

I feel so privileged to be able to share a peek at your beautiful photos. Happy New Year to all!!

Michelle Clay said...

Happy New Year Marna! I hope you are staying warm beneath all this snow!

Father William said...

Happy New Year
The photos have always been great. I am awe struck by the new camera.
Love,
OPA

Michelle Clay said...

Thanks Opa, and happy new year!