Monday, August 11, 2008

Gabe is a Beautiful Butterfly

Gabe is so beautiful that he overloads my capacity for wonderment when I look at him. He is so helpless and perfect.



My friend Faith and her two children came over for lunch today. She reheated lasagna for me while I nursed Gabe and delighted in watching her children at play. Having them over was so wonderful – I got to socialize with an adult, and I got a reminder of what fun things are in store when Gabe gets older. This parenthood thing is starting to feel normal. Normal and good. I am starting to relax into my new role.

In the garage, the monarch butterfly chrysalis that Chris and I have been watching has moved on to its next stage in life. The butterfly is drying his new wings. He’ll be off visiting the flowers soon. I can’t think of a more fitting symbol for my new life right now.

I tried to get a picture of a serene and beautiful Gabe with the butterfly. Emphasis on “tried”.

No comments: