Thursday, September 4, 2008

This was a Triumph

I’m making a note here: huge success! No, I am not inventing a portal gun. Yesterday I ventured out with Gabe with the intent of changing and feeding in public. My mother had suggested a high-end department store for this purpose, because they often have a sofa in the restroom; and the restrooms are clean. But I don’t ever go to department stores, so I don’t know which ones have such restrooms.

Instead, at a friend’s suggestion, I went to the local outlet mall. Being a weekday, the place was empty except for – haha – women with strollers. I made use of the family restroom twice, and I nursed Gabe in a corner of the cafeteria. And I bought some more nursing shirts and pads, had a nice walk, and had a milkshake.

It almost feels like cheating the way Gabe nods off in his stroller, and in the car.

3 comments:

Father William said...

I love your outlet mall too. What a great adventure! When I visit can we go to the outlet daily? Wait, NWA makes me pay for a second bag. Foiled again. Love.
Opa Clay

Scienter said...

FYI, all major department stores have bathrooms. The nicer ones (most likely to have couches/lounges), at least in DC are Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bloomingdales, and sometimes Macys (depends on now nice the rest of the mall is).

Michelle Clay said...

Hahaha, Opa, you're too funny. :) Just be sure to buy small things.

Thanks Dori! That's helpful. :) I hope you are feeling better!