Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Doctor Visit, Hair-Pulling, and Squash

Gabe had his second well-baby checkup yesterday. He measured in at ten pounds eight ounces, and twenty-three inches in length. The doctor was impressed with his strength, and I was able to proudly report that not only can he occasionally reach the head-at-ninety-degrees position when on his tummy, but that twice the enormous weight of his big head caused him to topple from that position onto his back, which makes him on his way to rolling over very early indeed.

There were no immunizations at this visit, as it turns out. Those will come next month.

Gabe demonstrated for the doctor how he can grab his own hair and pull. Later, I got a picture of him doing this, sort-of. This makes a good twenty times that he has done this for me, but he has yet to pull his hair for Chris. My theory is that Chris is just plain more entertaining. Gabe most often pulls his hair when I am changing him, during which I am usually either in a zombie state or having a conversation with his butt. Chris, on the other hand, has a much better knack for keeping the proper end of Gabe entertained during changing-time.




Here is Gabe later that day, as we horsed around with a home-grown toy. Look at that smile! And see how his hand goes roving up to that thatch of beautiful, grabable hair?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He s just so cute!!! Love reading what you guys are up to!

6 days over for me today ... fed up!

Want the baby out!

Etc ....

rebeccafrog said...

OMG ginormous squash! I'm so looking forward to seeing you!

Michelle Clay said...

fooxoo - is there a baby yet? :)

rebecca - I'm so excited that you are coming for a visit!