Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sick Baby

Gabe was sick again today running a fever that ranged from 101 when the Tylenol was going strong to 102.8 when it wasn't. Michelle also discovered that the rectal thermometer is easier to use than the under-arm approach. Gabe squirms like mad to get away from us when we try to take his temp under arm, and if you take his temp as part of a diaper change he's all coolsville. That isn't what I would expect, so it was a good thing to learn.

I'm looking forward to a weekend where Gabe doesn't end up sick or lend us his cold so we end up sick. He's been on a bad string of fevers lately and I'm ready to stop asking the question, "Is that spitup or puke?"

Still Gabe handled today like a champ, still laughing and playing. He was a little more irritable to be sure, but not nearly as bad as I get when I have a fever of 102.

No comments: