Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mirror Mirror


Up until these pictures whenever Gabe saw himself in the mirror he'd follow a very set pattern. He'd look confused for a moment, smile, and then turn his head away bashfully. On my birthday this past Thursday when I showed him the mirror he reacted differently. This time he reached out to it, and felt his hands against the mirror. He then leaned over close with his face and stuck out his tongue. When his image did the same action he beamed and looked up at me as if for confirmation that it was safe, and then proceeded to keep making faces and touching the mirror. Michelle was fast enough that she managed to grab the camera and get back to capture these images of the event.


While I don't think that Gabe understands that it is himself in the mirror, I do know that he hasn't been treating his image in the mirror the same since then. He does seem to understand that the little boy in the mirror will mimic his actions and he seems to enjoy that.

3 comments:

Father William said...

Lovely photo-is it live or is it memorex? Great photography.
Love,
OPA

Michelle Clay said...

Thank you Opa! I don't know what memorex is. This is just a photo snapped in the bathroom on a whim. :) Our camera is magic, I swear!

Lala said...

Two cutie pies!!!