Monday, January 12, 2009

There is no Spoon

We want the food in.
Yet so much of it comes out.
The bib eats its fill.

I find amusement in the concept of starting a baby on solid foods. It seems to me it comes closer to "We've started coating our baby's face in rice cereal and apple sauce, and hope to have some in his stomach in a couple of months." Now I'm sure that Gabe accidentally swallowed some, but I think the majority ended up on his face, hands, bib, and his parents.


Just as soon as the next spoonful comes in, the last spoonful comes out.

This is the first time we used an actually baby spoon at home, and in general I think Gabe thought it was just another gumming toy. A sticky, gooey, gumming toy but one just the same.

For these two shots I was using the flash, and we had fully relinquished control of the spoon to Gabe.

I took a series of photos of Gabe while he was having some tummy time. With some funny faces from myself and quick moves back to the camera I managed to get a wide range of facial expressions out of him. Being a totally biased father, I couldn't pick just a couple so I put them all into a larger file. Click on the image to get the full huge file:)


I originally posted this under Michelle's account. The troubles with having two people on the same computer:)

No comments: