Saturday, January 17, 2009

Shiny Happy Baby

Gabe is doing really well, and both Michelle and I are recovering thanks to his recent shift back to sleeping through the night. Michelle had a rough morning since I stayed up late last night and slept in, but hopefully I can return the favor to her tomorrow. Gabe has been super playful, and full of giggles the last week. I'm getting ever better at getting peels of laughter out of him. Still Gabe squealed in delight upon seeing Michelle when we picked him up daycare on Thursday night. I mean daddy can be funny which is all well and good, but Mommy can be funny and makes yummies.

Gabe is becoming ever more dexterous with his hands. If you hold a toy in front of him he'll reach out both hands and grab it. I've watched him accidentally pass a toy from one hand to the next, but it seems unintentional still. The above picture contains my first real lens flare. After years of mocking thanks to photoshop, it feels weird to take pride in this one but I really liked how the light just caught the tips of his fingers and the top of the toy.

I kept stressing how big he's gotten and its pictures like this one that drive the fact home. He's twenty pounds plus now and just barely fitting into the 9 month old clothing. We'll have to go shopping for 12 month stuff next week. It seems preposterous since he turns 6 at the end of this month. The whole graduated weight set doesn't even count anymore, he's gaining weight faster than my poor arms and back can add strength. I'm going to have to start wheeling him into daycare in the stroller because the car seat is just too heavy.

Changing time has become more challenging and potentially more fun. Gabe can move and shake with the best of them, and you never know if he's going to grab a handful of foot, junk, or poop. Luckily we've avoiding poop grabbing so far, but it is only a matter of time before it happens. He's just getting to damn quick.

If a toy is worth grabbing, then it is worth tasting. Everything goes into Gabe's mouth these days.

Out of the pile of photos from earlier this was the universal favorite. I want it as my desktop at work so I'm posting it in a larger resolution format.

Gabe loves banana, much like his mom and dad. If we plop a piece in the little sucker mesh bag contraption he'll pulp it and finish it off and beg for more. It is almost the same process he uses with us, because at the end of the day I know we both feel pulped and drained. If he keeps sleeping through the night, we might just end up a little less drained:)

2 comments:

marna said...

Wow! He is growing so fast!
He is just so adorable!!
I am really enjoying watching his progress and seeing all the photos! Thanks.

Michelle Clay said...

Thank you Marna! :)

Gabe is, in fact, a giant baby!