Thursday, October 15, 2009

Stony Brook Wildlife Sanctuary

Last weekend Jen and I went to Stony Brook to photograph the Autumn foliage, but of course Gabe got a lot of attention, too. (To see the landscape and plant photos, click here.)


Gabe is on the verge of walking. He is cruising with more confidence by the day.



Yup, I let him crawl on a boardwalk over snapping-turtle-infested waters. He was amazingly careful about getting too close to the edges. (And I was prepared to hop in after in, should he go over.)


Gabe, Jen, and Gabe's future girlfriend. (She's still in the oven.)


Here's Gabe crawling off into the sunset. Of all the things to catch one's attention at Stony Brook, he was most taken with the crooked yellow step. Twice he got his foot stuck while climbing over it.

3 comments:

Scienter said...

It's awesome that you let him cruise around and explore! :)

Pam J. said...

What a delicious age! And what a cutie. I get the impression that you're enjoying every single moment with Gabe. My babies are now 27 and 25 but I still see them the way Gabe looks in these pictures.

Michelle Clay said...

Pam - Thank you, yes I am! This last week has been amazing. He'll be walking any day now.

Dori - Teehee, thanks!