Friday, October 23, 2009

First Steps

We ate out at a local family friendly restaurant called Ricks this evening. When we arrived home we were playing with Gabe when we stared playing the stand up on daddy's knees and fall to daddy game. He laughs like crazy when we play it and usually ends up falling in a random direction, sometimes backwards. One time I scooted backwards on my butt to get some distance and he step-fell towards me. After repeating it a few times he actually took several steps forward towards me and never really lost his balance.

Michelle and I were beaming and laughing in excitement and Gabe was too. Before it was all said and done he walked about two meters to me without falling and I was ecstatic that he was finally reaching this long awaited milestone. I know running around is just a short time away and I both can't wait to run around with him and dread chasing him;)

2 comments:

Cappy said...

Time for soccer lessons! Yay! Auntie Cappy is on her way to visit sometime soon.

Michelle Clay said...

Haha! Absolutely! Bring your soccor ball when you come, and we can have a game of Toddler Soccer!