Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Birthday Fish


I already have a hard time remembering that six months ago, Gabe's Garden was just a patch of neglected lawn. Happy birthday little dood! Soon you will be old enough to *really* play here.

To celebrate, I hung up the Japanese Children's Day banner that used to be mine. Children's Day, formerly Boy's Day, is actually in May, but since few people here in the US know that, I can get away with flying the carp whenever I like.



Gabe absolutely loves the banner. He waves his arms and shouts "da!" whenever he sees it. By "da", he means "gimmie".

3 comments:

hero爺 said...

Michelle san

Don't forget me! I am Japnese.
But I don't care that.
What a good arrangement for your son!
How did you get the flying car?

Happy Birthday Gabe!

Scienter said...

Boys' Day?! *hmph!* I like the carp idea, though. Was the holiday officially changed to Children's Day or was that your idea? :)

Michelle Clay said...

Dori - the holiday was changed decades ago, AND there is still a day for girls.


Hello Hero! I have not forgotten you! :) I thought you might like our carp banner. Gabe says "thank you" for the "happy birthday".

By "flying car", do you mean the little red wagon? These are common children's toys over here. I had one as a child, too. This wagon has been sitting in the garage, waiting for Gabe. Now that he can sit up and hold on to the sides, it is perfect for him.

Cheers!