Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sick of Visiting the Doctor

Babies seem to come with a lot of trips to the doctor. Two weeks ago Gabe had a wheezy cough which the doctor thought might be a spot of pneumonia. She started him on antibiotics as a precaution, and then downgraded her assessment to bronculitis. Gabe continued to happily cough his way to recovery without much help from us. That was three trips to the doctor. Unrelated to that, Chris and I each had our own doctor trips. And as a result I’ll be heading off for a date with my plastic surgeon to have an angry-looking cyst removed from my head. (And I can even call him “mine”, since this will be the second cyst he has removed from me.) What with the assessment, surgery, and follow-up, that will be another three doctor visits.

Now it looks like the antibiotics, which we finished out as a precaution, may have given Gabe a mild case of thrush. So we’re going back to the doctor to make sure his mouth doesn’t reach the horrific zombie-mouth look of a real thrush outbreak. If you’ve never seen thrush before, I urge you to Google it. It looks like human zombie disease - like what you would expect if your mouth went moldy. Seriously yucky.

Poor Gabe; I’m off to get his mouth fixed now!

3 comments:

Scienter said...

Why did I listen to you and google that?! I hope you can prevent Gabe from having zombie mouth.

As revenge, I should harmlessly suggest you google a few of the nasty things I have in a claims folder right now. *cackle*

Michelle Clay said...

Hahaha! Sorry Dori! *grin*

I was right - the doctor glanced in Gabe's mouth and said "mild thrush likely due to antibiotics." It's a minor thing, and he'll be getting some medicine to clear it up. Plus I can use the stuff too, if gabe shares his germs with my nipples. :P

Scienter said...

So you can get zombie boob? Ow. I'm glad it's preventable!