Monday, March 30, 2009

Gabe Has Learned to Press Buttons!

Ah. . . my apologies for not keeping this blog more regularly updated! I'll skip the excuses and get right to the good stuff.

Gabe is sitting - sitting! - about ten feet away, proped up only minimally with the boppy. He is staring with rapt attention at a plastic train that plays music, and he has learned that when the music stops, he can press the big yellow button on top to start it up again.

I first noticed his ability to press buttons yesterday when we were playing with a chew-toy/rattle that has a clown's face with a red button for a nose. The button, when mashed repeatedly by a big strong adult, squeaks. I think we damaged it, because a baby's hands are incapable to coax any sound from the thing. However, after watching me mash the button, Gabe would reach over to take a turn at it. And if I had any question at all as to whether he was imitating me, the train proves it. He is over there, turning it on again and again.

Some more details about the train: it's full, if unofficial name, is "the ball-pooping train". Because, well, it is loaded with a belly full of plastic balls, which, depending on the mode the toy is set to run in, are recycled through a vortex on the top of the train, or deposited on the floor as the train chugs along in a circle.

I'll have to add some photos later. . . I need to go play with Gabe now!

2 comments:

Scienter said...

Button mashing already?! Get that boy an xbox!

Michelle Clay said...

Don't encourage Chris! :D